Many of the things we love about this time of year can actually be stressful for our pets.
From holiday gatherings to trips away from home, changes in our routines and environment can upset our pets and lead to unwanted behaviours.
Here are 5 ways you can help your dog or cat feel more relaxed this holiday season.
1. Create a quiet, safe haven away from guests and gatherings.
2. Play calming music for your pet to help drown out background noise.
3. Fill the area with favourite toys, comfortable bedding and necessities like water or a litter box.
4. Remind visitors to be patient — let your pet decide who they want to interact with and when.
5. Use pheromones — ADAPTIL® for dogs and FELIWAY® CLASSIC for cats — to comfort and reassure your pet so they feel safe.
Visit adaptil.ca for dogs and feliway.ca for cats for more tips and advice.