If you have not tested your home for radon, this article is for you. Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can easily seep into your home and increase your risk of developing lung cancer.
Did you know that lung cancer is the most common cause of cancer deaths in Canada? According to Health Canada 16% of all lung cancers are attributable to indoor radon exposure. The good news is this: radon induced cancer is preventable. The solution is simple — reduce radon concentrations in the home. The first step is to get your home tested. Testing is really easy and inexpensive. Take action on radon this month and stay safe!