20 - Minute Chili
A perfect quick and healthy meal for this busy time of year!
- 1 lb 500 g lean ground pork or hot Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1-28 fl oz 796 mL can diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 3 Tbsp 45 mL chili powder
- 1-19 oz 540 mL can kidney or black beans, rinsed
- 1½ cups corn frozen
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground pork or crumbled pork sausage over medium high heat; stir occasionally.
- When pork is thoroughly cooked, drain excess fat.
- Add canned tomatoes (with juice), and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and corn. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with whole wheat crusty rolls. Top with sour cream and grated cheese if desired.
Recipe By Ontario Pork