The way you spend your morning can set the tone for your whole day. That’s why many successful people often have defined morning habits. To help yourself feel better and get more done, here are five easy ways to improve your routine:
1. Get up earlier. To get ahead of the game, you’ll need a head start. In today’s competitive world, it helps to have an extra hour or two in the morning to get things done. But this starts the night before. To hit the ground running, you need to make sure you’re getting enough sleep.
2. Exercise. It’s hard to work out in the morning, but with balancing a career and family, finding time to be active in the evening is often more challenging. Starting the day with a workout will help kickstart your brain and provide an improved sense of well-being throughout the day.
3. Brush better. To feel your best, it’s important to maintain your oral health. If you’re tired of having the same conversation with your dentist every six months, try using an electric toothbrush like Philips Sonicare Protective Clean. Unlike other electric toothbrushes, it has a pressure sensor that lets you know when you’re pressing too hard, so you can protect your teeth and gums while removing up to seven times more plaque.
4. Set your priorities. Time is precious and being organized will ensure you maximize every minute. Whether you’re at home, on public transit or at work, take 15 minutes each morning to write down your priorities for the day. This will give you a clear plan of attack, keeping you focused on important tasks.
5. Start strong. Research shows that willpower is highest in the morning. So instead of checking your email and getting side-tracked with endless small tasks, stay unplugged and begin each day by first tackling harder assignments that require more focus and determination.