Black Forest Ham and Summer Vegetable Sandwich
- 175 g pkg. Piller’s Simply Free® Smoked Black Forest Ham
- 6 slices rye bread light or dark
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced in rounds
- 1 to mato sliced
- 2 leaves Boston or romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 slices Havarti cheese salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add red pepper, salt and pepper; sauté another 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Remove mixture from heat and place in bowl. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and lightly fry zucchini slices until oft (2-3 minutes).
- To assemble sandwich, spread mayonnaise on top slice of rye bread and Dijon mustard on bottom slice. Layer with ham slices, grilled vegetables, tomato, lettuce and cheese.