Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
You can add nuts, raisins, or anything you like to this sweet treat.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil made with soybeans!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose wheatflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix oats with buttermilk and let the mixture stand for 30minutes.
- Stir the oil, egg, and brown sugar into the oat mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bakingsoda, and salt; add this to the oat mixture and stir well.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, or untilcooked through