Friday: Quinoa Burgers (makes 4-5 servings)
For a gluten free version, leave out the bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 cups cooked Quinta Quinoa
- 1 cup of yellow lentils
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Sauté the onions with salt and half of the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the garlic and reduce the heat. Sauté until the onions are caramelized.
- Add the chili powder and sauté two minutes.
- Combine the remainder of the ingredients and form in to patties.
- Heat the remainder of the oil over medium heat and sauté burgers 5 min per side. For larger batches, sauté just to brown and finish on a cookie sheet in the oven at 375 for 20 min.
Visit www.quinta.co for more recipes.