Grilled Pork Chops With Fresh Peach Or Mango Salsa
- 6 fresh Ontario pork loin chops
- 1 can 355 mL frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp 25 mL chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp 2 mL salt
- ½ tsp 2 mL pepper
- 1 mango or 3 peaches chopped and peeled
- ½ sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, diced
- ⅓ cup 75 mL chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL lime juice
- 1 tsp 5 mL minced jalapeño, optional
- Place pork in a plastic bag or non-metal sealable container. Mix pineapple juice concentrate, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and pour over pork. Cover; refrigerate and marinate 4 hours or overnight, rotating the bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine peaches or mango with red pepper, cucumber, parsley, lime juice and jalapeño. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan; boil 1 minute. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place the chops on the grill; close barbecue cover and grill 6 to 8 minutes per side to medium doneness, basting frequently with marinade.
- Serve grilled chops with fruit salsa and corn on the cob, sliced Roma tomatoes, or your favourite tossed salad.