Italian Stuffed Peppers with Pork
- 2 cups 500 mL cooked quinoa, cooked in vegetable broth
- 1 lb 450 g Ontario lean ground pork
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL EACH oregano, parsley and basil
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL vegetable oil
- ½ cup 125 mL leeks, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini cubed
- ½ cup 125 mL mushrooms, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tomato cubed
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 red or yellow peppers
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook quinoa in vegetable broth.
- Cook the ground pork fully in a frying pan over medium-high heat with oregano, parsley and basil. Place pork to the side on a plate.
- Add oil to the frying pan and sauté leeks for 2 minutes. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Then add the tomato, quinoa, pork and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut off the top of your peppers and a little off the bottom so that they sit flat in the baking pan. Clean out the centre of the peppers. Divide the pork mixture into 4 and stuff the peppers. If making half peppers, divide mixture into 8.
- Set the stuffed peppers on a baking pan and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.