King Cole - Mushroom and Peppered Smoked Suck Pate
An easy appetizer spread that can be served on crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
- 1 King Cole Duck KCD Smoked Duck Breast, thawed
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 8 oz 250 g Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Clove of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL White wine
- ⅛ tsp 0.5 mL Cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup 75 mL Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz 125 gr Cream cheese, cubed
- Pinch Salt and freshly ground pepper Chopped parsley
- Score skin of duck breast with cuts made ½-inch (1 cm) apart, diagonally in both directions to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- Cook in skillet, skin side down, over medium heat until crispy – about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook shallot, mushrooms and garlic over medium-high heat until browned – about 5 minutes. Add wine, salt, pepper and cayenne and cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan, and let cool.
- Cut duck breast into cubes and add into the food processor with the mushroom mixture and cream cheese. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Place in bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Chill until ready to serve.