King Cole - Roast Potato Bruschetta with Peppered Duck
Roasted sliced potatoes, topped with sliced peppered smoked duck, and topped with red pepper jelly and goat cheese make perfect little morsels for entertaining.
- 1 King Cole Duck KCD Peppered Smoked Duck Breast
- 1 Large long baking potato* (about 1 lb/500g)
- 1 Tbsp 15mL Vegetable oil
- 1 Clove of garlic minced
- ¼ tsp 1mL Dried Italian seasoning
- 18 Baby arugula or basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp 45mL Prepared red pepper jelly
- 3 Tbsp 45mL Crumbled goat cheese (approximately)
- Pinch Salt and freshly ground pepper Chopped fresh chives
- Score the skin of the duck breast with cuts made ½-inch (1cm) apart, diagonally in both directions to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- Book in a skillet, skin side down, over medium heat until crispy (about 5 to 6 minutes). Remove from skillet and reserve fat.
- Scrub potato and cut crosswise into ¼-inch (6mm) slices, discarding ends.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved duck fat, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Use to brush on both sides of potato slices.
- Arrange slices in a single layer, on parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 40-45 minutes or until brown and crusty. Note: Slices can be kept loosely covered for a few hours at room temperature; best used same day.
- Slice duck breast into 18 thin slices.
- To Serve: Top potato slices (cut in half if too large) with arugula or basil leaf, duck slice, a touch of red pepper jelly, a touch of goat cheese, and sprinkle with chives.
Visit www.kingcoleducks.com *You should have enough potato to make 18 appetizers. Large slices can be cut in half to serve.