MAPLE & ORANGE GLAZED BABY BACK RIBS
- 3 racks about 4 lb/2 kg of Ontario pork back ribs, cut into 4 rib pieces
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves Ontario garlic minced
- ¼ cup 60 mL orange juice
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL orange zest
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp 2 mL red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup 60 mL soy sauce
- ¼ cup 60 mL Ontario maple syrup
- ¾ cup 175 mL beef broth
- Using a fork, lift the membrane from a corner of the rib bones on the underside, and gently peel it away from the ribs and discard.
- In a large food-safe plastic bag place marinade ingredients: ginger, garlic, orange juice, orange zest, balsamic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, maple syrup and beef broth; mix well. Add ribs and turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 2–6 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F/160°C. Place ribs in a single layer in a baking dish, meaty side up; pour marinade over top. Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove ribs from oven and allow them to cool. Place in refrigerator until ready to grill. Pour liquid from marinade into a small saucepan. Reduce over medium high heat for 30–40 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Pre-heat grill to medium. Remove ribs from refrigerator and brush generously with sauce before grilling. Place ribs on grill and cook until browned and heated through, about 15–20 minutes.
- Cut ribs apart. Brush with more sauce if desired. Serve.