Using a meat mallet to crack or smash the potatoes helps to break the skin enough for the flavour to get to the meat of the potato.
Cooking the potatoes on the stove helps give a golden colour and added crunch appeal to the potatoes.
Spiced Smashed New Potatoes
- 1 Lbs New Mini Ontario Potatoes 500gr
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin ( 50 mL )
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Italian parsley Chopped ( 50 mL )
- 1 Long Hot Chili Pepper Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds ( 15 mL )
- 2 Tsp Fresh Thyme Chopped ( 10 mL )
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped ( 25 mL )
- 1/2 Tsp Coarse Salt ( 2mL )
- Using flat side of meat mallet, crack each
potato to break the skin.
- In large shallow Dutch oven, add oil and heat
over medium-low heat.
- Add potatoes, parsley, chili pepper, coriander
seeds and thyme. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes or
until potatoes are tender and golden.
- Add fresh coriander and salt, and stir to
combine before serving.
- 210 calories
- 3 g protein
- 14 g fat
- 17 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 250 mg sodium
- 660 mg potassium