More Time Outside? Yes, Please!
Spicy Ontario Pork Mason Jar Meal
- 1 Lbs Lean Ground Ontario Pork
- 200 Grams Vermicelli or Rice
- 2 Carrots Spiralized or Cut Thinly
- 1 Cup Cooked Edamame Beans
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots Chopped Finely
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1-2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tsp Hot Water If Needed
- Heat pan to medium-high. Add olive oil. Add shallots and let them cook for a minute, stirring occasionally before adding lean ground pork.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the pork and cook until browned. Set aside to cool.
- While pork is cooking, add vermicelli noodles to boiling water to cook (or follow the instructions on its packet). Drain and rinse in cool water.
- While everything is cooling, combine peanut butter, soy sauce and Sriracha. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of hot water to thin it out.
- Divide ingredients into 4, and layer 4 mason jars as follows:
- a. peanut sauceb. porkc. noodlesd. carrotse. edamame beans
- To reheat for lunch: simply microwave the entire jar for 1-2 minutes. Ifneeded, transfer the food to a bowl before microwaving.