Patio party? Bring the fun and flavour with Ontario pork.
GRILLED PORK CHARCUTERIE
Gather family and friends for a weekend barbecue. Make a trip to a farmers’ market to pick up an assortment of Ontario pork — sausages, ribs, bacon, cured ham, tenderloin or chops — along with some fresh local produce. A grilled pork charcuterie board is a great addition to any get-together!
- Ribs are an absolute necessity. Cook ribs slowly over in direct heat or in the smoker, then finish with your signature barbecue sauce and sear over a hot grill.
- Sausage bites and mustard.Try grilled spicy pork sausages with maple mustard, or honey garlic sausages and creamy Dijon. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
- Pork belly burnt ends area show-stopping hit. Sprinkle these tasty morsels with your favourite dry rub, smoke for a few hours, then toss in a mixture of barbecue sauce, beer and honey and let cook down to sweet candy-like pieces.
- Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, a guaranteed way to ensure that even faithful carnivores eat their veggies!Tips:
- Grilled fruit is delicious and pairs well with pork. Try peaches, nectarines, cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple, pears, plums or apples for an unexpected treat.
- Surround your delicious pork bites with an assortment of grilled local fruits and veggies, olives and pickles.