Savour Stratford Perth County Culinary Festival presented by GE Café July 19-20 in Stratford
Stratford welcomes chefs From Coast to Coast to Coast for a distinctly Canadian culinary celebration. Meet some of the top young chefs from across Canada as more than 100 chefs, farmers, local producers, Ontario wineries, craft brewers and culinary personalities come together to celebrate the Stratford Chefs School’s 30th anniversary and share the joy of food.
Set in the heart of Stratford’s heritage garden district bordered by the Avon River, our award winning two day culinary festival has events for all – from gourmet tastings to children’s bug cooking demos, chef demos to sip, sample and savour surrounded by free music concerts, artisan markets and food stalls.
Here are some of the highlights:
• Come enjoy a five-course lunch with chefs, Dale MacKay, owner of Ayden Kitchen, Saskatoon and Canada’s original Top Chef and Derek Dammann, owner of Maison Publique, Montreal at the GE Café Chefs Series (Saturday, July 19- limited capacity).
• Meet leading Canadian chefs on the Toronto Star Culinary Stage for two days of cooking demonstrations sharing their regional culinary character from sustainable west coast seafood to modern Aboriginal cuisine, nose-to-tail cooking and award-winning vegan dishes.
• Savour and swing the night away at our Saturday night party Perth County Hoot presented by Mill Street Brewery. Savour Ontario craft brews and the rockabilly flavours from The Wicked Pickle food truck while dancing to the modern ‘celtibilly’ sound of the Steel City Rovers and rockin’ country rhythm of the River Junction Band.
• Rise early on Sunday for Women in Food Breakfast as Alison Fryer of the Cookbook Store moderates a panel of women in agriculture discussing issues and sharing their stories at The Church Restaurant.
• The highlight of the festival is the Grand Tasting on Sunday afternoon set under an elegant tent in Stratford’s garden district. 30 top local chefs pair up with passionate producers to create an array of seasonal morsels, complimented by Ontario VQA wines, craft beers and spirits.
• JENN & Larry’s Emporium of Wonders is a feast for young gourmands with free action-packed culinary fun from bug cooking demos, The Farmer and That Smell puppet show, earth sundaes and veggies for dessert.
• Our Sunday Sunset Party presents the music of Trent Severn to cap a weekend of culinary celebrations starting at 8pm.
Join us in Stratford July 19-20 for a weekend of great food, great guests and great fun! For complete information and tickets please visit www.savourstratford.com. – just 90 minutes west of Toronto.