Thai Peanut Pork Stew — Slow Cooker
- 2 lb 1 kg Ontario pork loin or shoulder roast, trimmed
- ½ red bell pepper cut into strips
- ¼ cup 50 mL ready-to-use teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL white wine vinegar
- ½–1 tsp 2-5 mL cayenne pepper (depending on how ‘hot’ you prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup 50 mL creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup 250 mL frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL peanuts, unsalted, chopped
- Cut pork roast into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Place pork pieces, red bell pepper strips, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 7½ hours.
- Add peanut butter and green beans, stirring to mix. Cook for an additional ½ hour on HIGH.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or rice noodles. Top with chopped peanuts.