#1 In Canada with 38 years of experience in osteopathic education.
The CCO offers
- A comprehensive program that follows the standards of the World Health Organization and is recognized by the Ontario Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners.
- An international institution founded by world-renowned osteopath Philippe Druelle, D.O., with a team of instructors who all have 5 to 40 years of experience.
- Four years of classes plus one year of hands-on supervised clinical experience with patients.
- A Diploma in Osteopathic Manual Practice (O.M.P.) and a Diploma in the Science of Osteopathy (D.Sc.O.) following successful completion of the program including all tests, the clinical internship, and an independent research project.
- An option to start your program in one of our schools and finish it in another, including campuses in Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Montréal, Quebec City, Halifax, and two colleges in Europe.
The Osteopathic Approach
Osteopathy, developed in 1874 by the American surgeon Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, is a natural medicine whose therapeutic goal is to restore function in the body by treating the causes of pain, symptoms, and dysfunctions.
An essential part of our students education is their participation in the student clinic. The clinic’s mission is to train conscientious osteopathic manual practitioners to respond to the growing need for osteopathic care. It also has the goal of promoting the benefits of osteopathy for people of all ages (newborns, children, adults, and seniors) and incomes by offering treatments at low costs. Patients are treated with the utmost care by our students under the supervision of experienced osteopathic manual practitioners.
The Canadian College of Osteopathy was established in Toronto in 1991. Philippe Druelle, D.O. was the first to establish a complete clinical methodology by using different therapeutic methods so that the graduates of the CCO could better respond to the particular needs of each patient. The College has since grown to eight campuses: six in Canada and two in Europe.
For over 28 years, the College has delivered a high-quality education based on practice and clinical learning. Since day one, our mission has remained the same: train competent osteopathic manual practitioners who possess the qualities and knowledge necessary to become effective and safe health care professionals.
To make an appointment at the student clinic, please contact our receptionist at 416-597-0367 or toll free at 1-877-893-0367.