- 6 Cups Vegetable stock (reserve 2 of the 6 cups to add later)
- 2 Cups White Wine
- 2 Cups Saffron Rice
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Red or Orange Bell Pepper Seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Jarred Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Canned Artichoke Hearts Cut into fours
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1-2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper Adjust Depending on Desired Heat
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- In a large pot, add 4 cups of vegetable stock
and 2 cups of white wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then add rice. Cover
and let simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- On the stove over medium-high heat, warm a deep oven-safe
frying pan and heat olive oil. Add bell peppers and onions, sautéing for 5
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, jarred peppers, garlic,
capers, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook for 2 more
- Add cooked rice to the oven-safe pan, adding
salt, pepper and lime juice to taste. Stir well.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, checking on
it every 10 minutes or so and adding remaining vegetable stock as needed.
- Remove from oven and serve.
If you don’t have saffron/yellow rice on- hand, you can make it using basmati rice.