Duck Sliders with Plum Sriracha Sauce and Cucumber-Radish Pickle
Perfect for a gathering or light meal. Serve on larger buns and top with your favourite ‘slaw as another option.
- 1 500g pkg, King Cole Duck (KCD) Pulled Duck Meat, thawed
- 20 Mini burger buns approximately
Plum Sriracha Sauce
- 1¼ cups 300mL Plum sauce
- ½ cup 125mL Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp 30mL Each of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp 10mL Minced gingerroot
- 2 tsp 10mL Sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- 3 Mini seedless cucumbers
- 5-6 Small radishes
- 3 Tbsp 45mL Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 15mL Sesame oil
- 1½ tsp 7mL Sugar
- ½ tsp 2mL Salt
Separate duck meat into shreds using fingers then set aside.
Combine sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often; simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in duck meat and heat through (about 5 minutes).
Meanwhile, cut cucumbers and radishes into julienne strips, about 1-inch (2.5cm).
Place in small bowl and add remaining ingredients; chill for at least 1 hour.
To serve: Place a small amount of duck filling on bottom side of each bun. Drain the cucumber and radish mixture, and use to top the duck filling. Top with the bun tops and serve.