King Cole - Mushroom and Peppered Smoked Suck Pate
An easy appetizer spread that can be served on crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
- 1 King Cole Duck KCD Smoked Duck Breast, thawed
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 8 oz 250 g Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Clove of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp 30 mL White wine
- ⅛ tsp 0.5 mL Cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup 75 mL Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz 125 gr Cream cheese, cubed
- Pinch Salt and freshly ground pepper Chopped parsley
Score skin of duck breast with cuts made ½-inch (1 cm) apart, diagonally in both directions to make a cross-hatch pattern.
Cook in skillet, skin side down, over medium heat until crispy – about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet, cook shallot, mushrooms and garlic over medium-high heat until browned – about 5 minutes. Add wine, salt, pepper and cayenne and cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan, and let cool.
Cut duck breast into cubes and add into the food processor with the mushroom mixture and cream cheese. Process until coarsely chopped.
Place in bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Chill until ready to serve.